Move day is probally approaching fast. I have come up with a few little items you might want to add to your ever-growing to-do list. I tried to skip out on all the common sense tips you see online and focus more on the items that help a customers move go more smoothly :
- Cable Boxes- If you are moving do another part of town, you may need to make sure your cable provider is the same at you new home. If not , get all the remotes and boxes together. Either drop them off before move day, or put them all together in a box and write : NO PACK all over the box.
- Liquids: Things like Bleach, Soap and other chemicals cannot be moved. They can spill through out the truck and cause damage to your beautiful furniture. Even worse, some times chemicals can spill into each other and become a toxic mess on the truck
- Your purse, wallet, iphone, phone chargers, kids game tablets and other items that you use more than once a day should be place into your car , or if the heat or space will not allow, all those items should be put into a small empty closet or pantry. This will prevent any frustration when these commonly used items get packed or loaded into the truck by mistake.
- Stay organized. If you are doing your own packing, try and keep all the boxes in one central location, any clutter such as shoes by the front door, clothes on the floor or other little messes that build up during moving, might slow your movers down. If you are paying by the hour, ever minute literally counts, so clear paths lead to clear budgets
- Move the art and flat screens yourself. If you are just moving locally you can save lots of time with your movers if you move all the wall art and tvs in your own personal cr. These items along with other items that usually dont get boxed such as Lamps and Vases are always good to move on your own.
My last tip would be to make sure you are researching your movers. The real cost of a move can be hidden by low prices, followed by bad workers that break your items or drag the clock out all day. Experienced movers, move fast and safe using the utmost care when moving your hard earned belongings.